Thread: Titan Novels
View Single Post
Old January 13 2013, 01:54 AM   #4
bfollowell
Commander

Re: Titan Novels

NX-01 wrote: View Post
I have read a number of the TNG and VOY books and enjoyed them. I particularly liked the 'Slings and Arrows' series of TNG books and the VOY books set after the return to earth (I don't recall the names).

As I enjoyed those I looking forward to reading the Titan books but was disappionted. I don't know if it was just me but they just seemed to confusing.

What did everyone think of them. I thought there where way to many type of aliens. It just seemed to be trying too hard to introduce as many aliens as posible. Am I the only one to think this?
I've seen others comment on this but, personally, I've never had an issue with it. For me it's always been, they're aliens, so what? I think many readers get far too hung up on was he Vulcan or was he Romulan? Was he Nausican or whatever? I've found that, for the most part, it rarely makes much difference to the story. Just keep the names straight and what their position on the ship is and don't worry about what species they are.

I've found all the Titan novels quite enjoyable and very easy to follow. Just don't put so much though into it. Concentrate on what is really important; the story.

That's what works for me and that's my two cents.

- Byron