View Single Post
Old January 11 2013, 10:45 PM   #7
hux
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Travelling Community

Relayer1 wrote: View Post
Δ And that's why I didn't like it anywhere near as much as any of the other shows.

It was pretty much the anti-DS9 !
But you can always discover new things with each new viewing - i initially hated DS9 - i now (currently) see it as probably the most accomplished of all the series

jpch wrote: View Post
in Voyager you had a sense of community, a family working together
there was slightly more of this but not as much as there should have been - i would have liked to have seen a few more stories about how Voyager was truly turning into a community with people having kids and maybe leaving the ship to start new lives elsewhere and the crew pulling together to compensate - when Neelix took over Janeways dining area to become chef and appointed himself moral officer and started doing video reports (for the whole of one episode) those were the moments i actually liked Neelix a little cos he seemed to be the only character that reminded everyone of the community aspect....but needed more of that stuff

USS Firefly wrote: View Post
In my opinion they totally destroyed the borg.
I understand why people think that but i've started coming to the conclusion that the Borg never actually were that formidable....why......because look at the Delta quadrant....some of the most unimpressive and lame species we've ever seen in Trek.....not exactly difficult to dominate that quadrant judging from what they were up against - they were a big fish in a small, lame pond - it makes sense that Starfleet didn't take that long to learn how to cope with them

R. Star wrote: View Post
I've always dubbed Voyager the most disappointing of all the Trek series. That doesn't mean it was the worst, but that it could have been so much more
It could have been and should have been - i just wish they'd made more of the basic premise - but in the end, it seems like they only saw that as a quick route to new aliens (and yet they still manged to create some epically tedious ones)

Lister - Don't give me any of that Star Trek crap, its too early in the morning
hux is offline   Reply With Quote