I honestly think Star Trek fans are a bit obsessive ...
''there is no D'Derix Warbird omg!!!! the movie sux''
Well as a TNG fan, I can only speak for myself, but, you know, being TNG movies, I wanted to see TNG stuff in them.
This is how I remember the entire TNG movie series in checklist form:
1. Kill Kirk. Check
2. Destroy the Ent-D. Check
3. Replace with hideous looking ship with insect like nacelles. Check.
4. Give us a 15 second taste of a Borg battle, then spend 1 1/2 hours with a drunk loser on the surface. Try to make us believe this guy single handedly invented Warp Drive. Check.
5. Defend a colony of self righteous pricks who don't want to share their "fountain of youth" energy source. Check.
6. Boob and zit jokes. Check.
7. Make a clone of Picard that looks nothing like Picard, except he's bald.
8. Have a completely ridiculous and heavily out of character Dune Buggy scene just because "it's cool".
9. Kill Data.
10. End TNG in the most depressing way possible.
11. Don't give us movie versions of the awesome Romulan D'eridex Warbirds. Instead give us Romulan ships that look like malnutritioned, decrepid seagulls. Check.