View Single Post
Old January 11 2013, 06:04 PM   #128
Dale Sams
Fleet Captain

Re: Now That John Logan Has Proven Himself, What Went Wrong With Nemes

Well, it's too bad because I think the 'wedding toast' scene is one of the best Star Trek scenes I've ever seen. I would not be surprised in the slightest to find out that Patrick wrote it and actually got drunk to say it.

I don't even know that Data's death and the dissolution at the end is a bad thing. The death is very TNG, sudden. The aftermath is very understated rather than a big Spock send-off.

I don't...understand really...all the fingerpointing. If we're giving Frakes a rightful pass for Insurrection, then I don't see what Baird did that was so wrong. I think the film *looks* great. The script is okay so we can't really blame Logan.

Honestly, if this were the last TNG series episode....people would be saying "Holy shit, that was dark"...and it would go down as one of the boldest things in sci-fi history.

I guess if I could only change one thing it would be to take out the backdoor and let B4 stand as himself. Of course seeing Picard drop off Data's mentally challenged brother at The Daystrom Institute would only make the film darker. I guess it would give Data's death more emotional resonance. Seeing B4 wave at the camera/Picard as the shuttle pulls away would work.
Dale Sams is offline   Reply With Quote