View Single Post
Old January 11 2013, 03:29 AM   #126
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Re: Ron D. Moore about VOY

Dale Sams wrote: View Post
At the rate VOY was losing crew members, they would have had to start taking on alien crew ala' HMS Bounty when Fletcher kidnapped some Tahitian men.

That would have made for an interesting time travel story for Voyager to encounter a future version of themselves having to make hard choices like that*

* Which sort of happens when they meet Equinox.
Actually, Voyager didn't loose that many crewmen.
Most of the eps were allot of crew died were reset eps.

LobsterAfternoon wrote: View Post
I think Moore was right to do his show the way he wanted to, but Voyager was never gonna be BSG. The tech of Trek makes a lot of those issues moot. Got power? Your replicators can take care of the rest. That being said, I do think that by not having supplies/damage to the ship/loss of shuttles & weapons be an issue, you undermine the central concept of Voyager, which is "a ship alone. "
Very true but at the same time, Voyager did take us back to the over all theme of Trek that DS9 didn't do: "To seek out new life and new civilizations. Too boldly go where no one has gone before." I think Voyager did live up to that by bringing us back to the original concept of Trek. While the supply issues may have added more for the dramatic aspect of the show, it would have taking away from the ideas that they're explorers. You can't get very far in a busted up ship.

Last edited by exodus; January 11 2013 at 03:47 AM.
exodus is offline   Reply With Quote