View Single Post
Old January 11 2013, 02:16 AM   #273
Locutus of Bored
A Certain Point of View

Re: Will there be an explaination for how enterprise can go underwater

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
To be more accurate, if Berman and Braga featured an actual starship underwater the internet would be in an uproar by the people now shrugging it off.
If?

Fluidic space doesn't count, the Delta Flyer is a shuttle, not a starship, and there were complaints about Xindi ships going underwater. I should know, I'm the one who made them.
It sounds like it's your endless complaining about things that are inconsequential to whether or not there's a good story and your arbitrary rules for what counts or not (that amazingly always support your argument) that are the problem then, not everyone else.

I'm curious, what is your basis for insinuating that it's the same people who complained about ships going underwater during Berman and Braga's tenure that are now giving JJ Abrams a pass on the same? I can't speak for anyone other than myself, but when I saw the ships underwater back then I thought it was a cool change of pace from the usual ships flying through space routine, and I feel the same way here. The technical issues never seemed bothersome to me, given all the other fantastical things the ships are capable of.

I said Berman and Braga. Braga had nothing to do with Insurrection, thereby explaining why fandom didn't get in outrage.
You can't be serious. Are you putting on an act or something? Your excuses are ridiculous.
The lone and level sands stretch far away.
Locutus of Bored is offline   Reply With Quote