View Single Post
Old January 10 2013, 10:54 PM   #74
jayceee
Commander

Re: I started watching Babylon 5 for the first real time

Harvey wrote: View Post
As far as I know, "The Gathering" has only been presented in 4:3, including the re-edited version you are seeing. Have you tried playing it using another media player or on a television?
Same story on four other tv sets (both flat screens and cathode ray tubes), three different dvd players, and two different bluray players.

In regard to computer dvd player programs, I also used the VideoLan player to watch it.

In all the cases, the video on this 50 cents "The Gathering" dvd was in 16:9 widescreen. Not 4:3.

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
What they probably did was take that sci-fi file, put it on DVD (since there were no extras; I don't even know if it had a menu or if it was auto-play) and mass-produced it very cheaply without spending anything to clean it up in any way.
There was no menu system. It played a 16 second advertisement for the season 1 Babylon 5 dvd set, before it went straight into "The Gathering".

The actual disc itself looks like it was cheaply made. It is a single layer dvd disc, with a video_ts directory that is approximately 3.55 GB in size.

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
Here's the deal with that one ... Warners did a set of roughly 10 pilots, which they released for $5 each (I believe that was the price). Friends was another one that I recall seeing. They came in a thin cardboard case with a coupon that could be used for $5 off the purchase price of the first season of that same series. It was a promotional tool, nothing else.
Other titles I saw in the same style packaging (in the bargain bin), include ER, Gilmore Girls, and The Jetsons.
jayceee is offline   Reply With Quote