View Single Post
Old January 10 2013, 11:09 PM   #69
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: Billie Piper not involved in 50th anniversary

OmahaStar wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
OmahaStar wrote: View Post

Or written out between episodes. "Where's Dodo?" "Oh, she decided to stay behind here on the 60s, and she told us off screen to say she was leaving. Here's her key." "Oh well then, why don't you come along in her place?"
That was Ben and Polly from the Hartnell Disco story, right?
That's the one. I believe the story was War Games. The actress was contracted for a certain number of episodes. They decided not to renew her contract, even though it ended halfway through the story. So they had her take a nap, and we've never heard from her again.
Dodo's fate has always bothered me greatly. Granted, she wasn't the most popular companion, but I always liked the character and it's a terrible shame the character was ditched so unceremoniously. It's also a shame that Jackie Lane (who, along with Matthew Waterhouse) is the only surviving companion actor to not return to reprise their role in the Big Finish audio plays and has no interest in doing so (but still shows up for the conventions). I know she retired from acting (and she's Tom Baker's agent) but it would be nice to have just one companion chronicle from her...

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote