Thread: Ancient Aliens
View Single Post
Old January 10 2013, 10:06 PM   #503
DarthTom
Fleet Admiral

Re: Ancient Aliens

The Castellan wrote: View Post
And to the ones who believe in the ancient alien theory as I myself do, don't be discouraged by the skeptics and naysayers. Like what Mr. Van Daniken himself said, "there's always going to be skeptic and critics" so to hell with what they say, and stick to your beliefs. Hell, when Copernicus and Galileo talked about the earth going around the sun, the authorities went after their asses. No real differences today....when a topic like this is brought up, there's always going to be venom towards it, but stick to your beliefs, and don't cower from it because the mainstream might get upset at you or ridicule you. Remember, we're in a world, unfortunately, that's so authority driven that they won't believe anything, unless a figure high in authority says it, even though we get lied to and deceived by said authorities....which makes no sense to me......I mean if your best friend sleeps with your girlfriend or boyfriend, you're not gonna still trust the fellow, right? Stand up for your beliefs, cause who's gonna if you don't, yes?
Like you, I find the show interesting. I don't necessarily believe all of their hair brained theories and they defiantly lose me when they start talking about how the Pyramids were ancient Nicholas Tesla like power plants.

However, I think they ask some great questions especially related to how very ancient people were able to move stones in some cases weighing over 100 tons up a mountain without even pulley technology available to them.

For those very critical of the show I really don't find this type of conjecture demonstrably different then the faith that Christians have that Jesus made water into wine and even he brought Lazarus back from death.

Nor is it any different that both Christians and Jews believe that Moses heard "god," speaking from a burning bush and/or he inscribed commandments to be followed onto stone.

Both stories are told both in churches and on television as 100% fact and not to be questioned.
DarthTom is offline   Reply With Quote