View Single Post
Old January 10 2013, 05:47 PM   #236
Mr Awe
Rear Admiral

Re: Last Classic Who Story you watched

I've been watching quite a few lately. Not in order but here and there. It's been very enjoyable. I had seen all of the existing stories back in the 80s. I've revisted some since then but some it's been a couple of decades since the last time I've seen some of them.

I had particularly avoided seeing Hartnell and Troughton stories. Even back in the 80s, I thought they were too slow and padded. However, I've been pleasantly surprised by the ones that I've seen lately: The Arc, Invasion, The Krotons, etc.

I've avoided the pure historicals so far but I will have to give them a chance. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Pertwee, Tom Baker, and Davison, all hold up well for me. No real surprises there for me. I consider this the best era of Classic Who.

I was even pleasantly surprised by Colin Baker. He's still not my favorite but he seems less obnoxious than I remembered. Time Lash was still not good, but not the utter disaster that I remembered. Trial of a Time Lord was much better than I remembered. I still didn't care for the trial format, but the stories were pretty decent. I was actually sad at the end of it knowing that Colin wasn't going to return.

McCoy, I still just don't like much, other than Remembrance of the Daleks.

It was interesting to see how my tastes and perceptions have changed over time! It hasn't been a complete rewatch yet but I'm working on it!

Mr Awe
Mr Awe is offline   Reply With Quote