View Single Post
Old January 10 2013, 04:09 PM   #59
ZapBrannigan
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek/Lost In Space: Any Difference?

Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
I have no idea what could have qualified these as a "masterpiece of sci-fi art", definitely not the main sensor-deflector dish that appears to lead straight to the swimming-pool of the Enterprise.

As an adolescent I spent hours getting frustrated that none of the interiors (except for the bridge) matched the original studio sets, despite FJ using The Making of Star Trek as his prime reference which did include the studio set plan from Season Two on (at least I'm finally getting rid of my

frustration by working on accurate deck plans).

IMHO, the only things that do qualify as a "masterpiece of sci-fi art" were the David Kimble TMP blueprints and his 3D-cutaway of the movie Enterprise. Now that was some passionate work, an act of love for Star Trek.

Bob

Before we condemn FJ, I think his ship's bowling alley should be taken into account as a mitagating factor.

I can't stay online long this morning, but I look forward to seeing your version of the ship. At first glance, I'd say it's a very daring departure to put a circular corridor in the secondary hull. Maybe even a tough sell.

Regarding David Kimble, from what I read on the Net he was very unhappy with how the publisher cheated him out of royalties for that cutaway poster. He had done a vast amount of work on it, time he could have spent on paying jobs, and then ended up making nothing financially even though the poster sold well. That's a real shame.
ZapBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote