TNG doesn't need a bloody reboot!
Have to agree TNG doesn't need a reboot, but it's just a bit of fun so I'll bite.
- More French. More of its culture and language, rather than a wannabe Englishman. Make him very much a statesman, great at diplomacy and pontificating.
- Younger and cockier. If Kirk can go from Cadet to Lieutenant to Captain, Riker has to at least skipped from Ensign to Commander. Buffer and hotter as well.
- Make her sassier, more of a foil for Picard. A firey and passionate redhead who is always willing to stand up to him. Ramp up the will they/won't they sexual tension.
- Make him less robotic from the beginning (he's been in Starfleet for 20 odd years by now). Have him serve as the ship's Science Officer.
- Attractive and alluring, but also needs to be taken seriously. Make more use of her empathic and/or telepathic abilities. Again more sexual tension with her and Riker.
- Tough and spunky. Give her a much harder edge from her childhood, serious trust issues and bitterness at the perfect lives others have had.
- Promote him to full Lieutenant and Chief Engineer from the start. Maybe play around with his and Data's "friendship", maybe there's something more to it?
- Thought about leaving him out. Instead, leave him at the Conn, make him more human (since that was how he was raised), and less to do with his honour.
- Have him as a Cadet on a training cruise, serving as Communications Officer. Drop the child genius crap, maybe he thinks he's better than he actually is.
I wonder what an Abrams-verse Enterprise D would look like?
It would be at least 3 miles long and have a crew of 100,000.