View Single Post
Old January 9 2013, 09:35 PM   #56
milo bloom
Fleet Captain

Re: Characters from the TV shows who should have appeared in the movie

Paper Moon wrote: View Post
jinglebellrok wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
I'm still confused how Denise Crosby would've made Nemesis better except for the hardest of hard core Trekkies?
I think you nailed it right there But if they wrote a decent script using her character...who knows?
Well, BillJ, in my mind, that would've been a good enough reason to do it! Part of the issue with Nemesis was that the general public didn't like it and many fans found it insulting. Having a Sela cameo in the opening scene in the Senate wouldn't have helped at the box office, but it would've been the smallest of gestures to acknowledge the decades-spanning franchise behind the film, and not left such a bad taste in many fans' mouths.

Great point. I know there's no director alive that goes into a movie thinking they're making a dud, but I'd like to believe they could at least think "even if everybody doesn't like it, at least it will get points for these callbacks."

That other idea about having Crosby in the background at Nemesis with no other explanation would have just been fantastic also. It could have created a whole new meme: "Wesley the Traveler did it."