View Single Post
Old January 9 2013, 09:19 PM   #87
FrontierTrek
Fleet Captain

View FrontierTrek's Twitter Profile
Re: The bird is out: ENTERPRISE on blu-ray

tomswift2002 wrote: View Post
I was reading what the CBS executive said on startrek.com, and I couldn't help but think, in response to the exec's response to why DS9 and Voyager aren't hitting Blu-Ray next, why not put the rest of the original cast's adventures on Blu-Ray? The Animated Series was Remastered for High Definition back in 2006, and even if it hadn't been, it was still finished on film, so it definitely has a better chance of hitting Blu-Ray before TNG, DS9 and Voyager are even finished.

But, I will say that the cover is interesting, although I don't know just how eye-catching it'll be in stores in terms of it being the brownish-gold it is, since it might get lost in the shadows. Of course, considering that Paramount didn't transfer the text commentaries for the movies, and CBS didn't transfer any of the audio and text commentaries that were made for the Fan Collectives over to the TOS Blu-Ray, I'm surprised that CBS is transferring the text commentaries for Enterprise.
I wouldn't be surprised if TAS is very much on the Blu-Ray horizon some time in the not-too-distant future