View Single Post
Old January 9 2013, 05:20 PM   #31
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Movies Seen In 2013

4. The Thing (✩✩✩) - Blu-ray - I saw the 2011 version. Basically, a monster starts killing people at a research station in the Antarctic. The movie lacked soul. It's the same story that was done better in the Alien movies and Leviathan. I'm giving it a generous score though because the production of the movie is a fascinating one and I enjoyed watching Mary Elizabeth Winstead. I never heard of this movie, maybe because it did badly at the box office, but it somehow ended up on my ziplist. I probably added it because it was a Winstead movie. I've always liked her. I especially liked that she became the Ripley character right down to the flame-thrower. After I saw the movie, I read that she was written with Ripley in mind. Funny too because I've been thinking lately that Winstead kind of looks like a young Sigourney Weaver. As for the production, it's a prequel to the 1982 movie. Apparently Ron Moore worked on the screenplay but it was eventually re-written by someone else. And this movie has the same title because they couldn't come up with anything better and didn't want to add a subtitle, as doing so seemed forced. I've never seen the 1982 version, but I kind of want to now. Apparently it picks up right where this one ends.

Theatre: 0
DVD: 2
Blu-ray: 1
Live TV: 1
Recorded TV: 0
On Demand: 0
Internet Download: 0
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote