Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile
Re: Movies Seen In 2013

13. The Impossible (2012) ★★★
Genre: Disaster
Director: J.A. Bayona
Actors: Ewan McGregor, Naomi Watts
Tomatometer: 80%

tells the true story of a Spanish (though their nationalities are specified as British in the film) family's experience of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami.
I enjoyed the film. If it wasn't for the great tsunami scene at the beginning of the movie, this would have been something more akin to the Lifetime network, though. It was really good for the story it was telling, but I'm not sure where all the Oscar buzz is coming from.

14. Safe House (2012) ★★★
Genre: Action
Director: Daniel Espinosa
Actors: Denzel Washington, Ryan Reynolds, Vera Farmiga, Brendan Gleeson
Tomatometer: 53%

Tobin Frost (Denzel Washington), an ex-CIA operative turned international criminal, acquires a data storage device from a rogue MI6 agent. Attacked by a team of mercenaries, Frost is forced to surrender himself to the American consulate in Cape Town, South Africa.
This movie started out really intense and didn't let up for a long time. It drug me along for the ride, but unfortunately the lack of any originality or a decent scripts rears its ugly head in the last 30 minutes. It's quite a shame, because this could have been a GREAT movie rather than just a pretty good one.
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote