Troughton, going through his entire Series.
Finised up to Evil of the Daleks
Episode 5 (Got the Fan Reconstructed episodes off streaming sites)
Power of the Daleks
- The Fan reconstruction isn't great, the telesnaps don't change often, and the sound quality is rough. Also, no stage directions (The Doctor grabbed a hammer, Ben entered the room, etc) and there's long gaps with no dialogue, so, it was hard to follow at times, but, in the end I enjoyed the Story as a whole
- I'm not a fan of most of the historicals, so, this wasn't my favorite story (Though easier to follow with Stage Directions,a nd sound was a little better). It was nice seeing Jamie's origin, but, it didn't do much more than that for me
The Underwater Menace
- I enjoyed this one, sound good, stage directions, fun Mustache twirling Villian
- This one was as close as you can get to being the original airing. Someone took the missing episodes, and reconstructed with Telesnaps, and then animated them, so, though a bit rough, much better then standing telesnaps. Great to see a Cybermen story I'd never seen. I would happier than a pig in slop if all the missing episodes had the Animated Telesnap treatment, it's very easy to follow the story
The Macra Terror
- This one didn't really do a whole lot for me. It was an alright premise but, I wasn't all that entertained
The Faceless Ones
- I really liked this one, The Faceless Ones, sorta feel like a forerunner to the Autons (though diffeent MO). Nice to see Ben and Polly's exit. Previously, having only watched the complete Hartnell's (plus The 10th Planet) and a few of the Troughton complete stories, it was kinda jarring seeing Ben Polly introduced, and then only 1 or two stories, and then all of a sudden they were gone. Nice to see most of their entire run and get to know them. Ben could be a bit of a jerk often, though, LOL.
Will be finishing up last two episodes of The Evil of The Daleks
tonight, and then on to The Tomb of the Cybermen
, which I have seen before, but, don't remember real well. There's a character named Victoria Waterfield, which I seem to remember is the name of one of his Companions, so, if she does come with them at the end of the story, it's nice to see her introduction. Matter of fact, I seem to remember a comment about a Victorian Companion changing into a Miniskirt almost immediately upon entering the TARDIS, so, I'm thinking this must be her.
I've been wanting to get around to watching the whole Troughton era for some time, and finding out The Great Intelligence is originally from The Abiminable Snowmen
and The Web Planet(?)
encouragedme to jump into it.
I'll probably circle back around to Hartnell Reconstructions (That aren't the historicals) when I finish. I went through them all previously, but, wasn't as acclimated to the Reconstructions, and there are so many Historicals in the Hartnell era that didn't work for me, that I likely missed out on some cool stories
I believe these are the incomplete Hartnells, that are not Historicals, is this correct?
Mission to the Unknown
The Dalek's Master Plan
The Celestial Toymaker