View Single Post
Old January 8 2013, 04:50 AM   #628
Squiggy
LORD SHIT SUPREME

View Squiggy's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Squiggy
Re: Do you think Star Trek needed a reboot?

AloriaDax wrote: View Post
I want my Star Trek to be the way it always was.
Did JJ also sneak into your house and break all your DVDs? Unless he did that, then your Star Trek is beautifully preserved and you can watch it over and over and over and over and over and over again and it will be exactly the same as it always was. Every last bit of digitally encoded information can be burned right into your screen for all eternity.

You're just not going to get any new stuff based on it.

It failed to be profitable. It failed to be marketable. It failed to grow it's audience at the time when some of it's earliest fans started to literally die off (it's been 46 and a half years for God's sakes).

It failed to evolve and keep with the narrative style that is popular today. It looked cheesy just as Brosnan's Bond looked cheesy next to Craig's Bond or Clooney's Batman next to Bale's.

You had more than enough chances to invite enough friends to keep prime-Trek going strong. Hell, UPN even gave you a freebie season because they didn't have anything else to air. Apparently, for someone as demanding as you, you seem to lack the clout to gather millions of friends around for just one hour a week to keep what you love so much from going on.

What sort of madness would it take for a company to keep producing the same product for an ever shrinking size of the population?