View Single Post
Old January 8 2013, 03:31 AM   #24
The Wormhole
Admiral

Re: Yesterday's Enterprise Episode question

Dream wrote: View Post
The Wormhole wrote: View Post
I wonder why they didn't make Worf the commander of one of the BoPs? After all, wouldn't it have been easier to have Dorn record the line "Federation ship Enterprise, surrender and prepare to be boarded," than finding someone else to say that line?
So Worf just HAPPENS to be in command of the ships that attack the Enterprise at the end? I have a hard enough time believing the main characters were together in the AU.

I think that would have crossed the line into being too silly. Being too silly was what doomed the writing for all the later MU episodes of DS9.
Oh, why the hell not? Aside from the ship's counselor, everyone else is on board the Enterprise D, including the teenaged bridge officer and civilian bartender. Worf showing up wouldn't be the ulitmate line that should not be crossed. Beisdes, we get this sort of thing all the time in AU stories.

I doubt anyone cared about presenting an alternate reality as implausible, and from a production viewpoint it must have been esaier to have Dorn record the line instead of finding someone else to do it. Asking why they didn't is perfectly legitimate.