View Single Post
Old January 7 2013, 07:16 PM   #22
Tom Hendricks
Commodore

View Tom Hendricks's Twitter Profile
Re: Movies Seen In 2013

I finally saw The Amazing Spiderman last night and to say I was disappointed is an understatement. I must talk about being a remake first, I personally love remakes, I love to see new takes on existing material. To me a remake doesn't change your opinion of the original material.

While I would't call Amazing Spiderman a bad movie, I would say it was schizophrenic. While I appreciated the more serious tone of the movie it was totally betrayed by the WORSE slapstick humor ever committed to film. The movie was also overall very flat, especially in tone. While watching it with my wife, I turned to her and talked about how frustrated I was with the movie. I told her that I wasn't sure if Andrew Garfield was a good or bad actor and he reminded me of...and before I could finish she said Anakin Skywalker meaning Hayden Christensen and thats who I was just going to say. There were very questionable acting choices made and that they were included in the final product must land at the feet of the director. While a few came across as teenage angst, most of it came across as just plain old bad acting. My favorite part of the movie was when Spiderman saved the young boy from the burning car hanging above the river. It was actually touching and the only moment where I felt I was actually watching Spiderman. There were a few other good moments but not enough for me to actually overall enjoy the movie.

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.
Tom Hendricks is offline   Reply With Quote