View Single Post
Old January 7 2013, 06:11 PM   #46
tomswift2002
Captain

Re: I started watching Babylon 5 for the first real time

Sindatur wrote: View Post
MacLeod wrote: View Post
Another one who liked both. Though CH4 the network that aired it in the UK sometimes played a bit loose with the schedule. I think when S4 it had 21 time slot/day changes. (out of 22 episodes).
Yea, the WB stations apparently did that alot too, going so far as to air it at the wee hours of the morning even (Fortunately my station had a stable time slot and day). And then there were also some markets, that held back the final 4 episodes of each season, to show as the first four episodes of the new season, so, you missed out on the season ending cliffhangers/game changers and ended the seasons on more average episodes.

I remember here in the Ottawa area CHRO (now CTV2) used to air the series just after the Star Trek The Next Generation and seaQuest on Saturday nights, from 1994-1996, and then the station lost both shows (I think they were only half-way thorough Season 2 --- of course with the first 4 seasons, the season used to run over the course of a calendar year, so there were lots of repeats of the early episodes, as you can see on the DVD booklets the season would start airing in January and finish in November or December) about mid-way through season 2, so I never did see the remainder till I bought the DVD's in 2007. CHRO might've lost the shows at that time (along with Star Trek Deep Space Nine) due to the costs of licensing the shows maybe reaching their budget---they were a small station at the time. But also, right around 1996 was when the station was purchased by a network, so it could've been the new network that cancelled the airings.
tomswift2002 is offline   Reply With Quote