View Single Post
Old January 7 2013, 04:46 AM   #247
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Re: What SF/F Book Are you Reading? .. Redux

Starbreaker wrote: View Post
Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Sisterhood of Dune (don't hate on me)
I'm interested to hear your opinion when you're finished. Seems like only Purists read the prequels now to talk about how bad they are.
I've enjoyed them because I like the Dune Universe. They are nowhere near as good as the Original Trilogy. As JoeZhang said, they're like the Star Wars version of Dune.

Sisterhood was interesting because its about a battle for dominance between two factions of the Empire, the Butlerians ( as in Jihad) who are anti-technology especially, in the form of computers and the antecedents to the CHOAM and the Spacing Guild, who are pro-technology. There also a plotline about the Sisterhood and the creation of Reverend Mothers and a schism in there ranks because of the Butlarians, Another plotline follows the Atreides/Harkonnen fued, but it's not very interesting.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote