View Single Post
Old January 7 2013, 01:32 AM   #388
JD
Admiral

Re: TNG: The Persistence of Memory by David Mack Review Thread (Spoile

A lot of people keep talking about whether or not the characters who've been brought back are "more worthy" of being brought back than all of nameless faceless numbers who we've been told were killed in the wars and invasions of the last few decades worth of Trek stories, and if you approach it from a real world perspective they certainly are. They are very popular characters, who a lot of people were upset to be see killed off, so it makes sense that they would be brought back.
Even if you look at it from an in universe perspective you could make an argument that they are more worthy. These people are fairly prominent members of Starfleet, serving on top of the line Starships who've saved the world and the galaxy several times. IMO that makes them pretty worthy. Now, that's not to say that they are the only ones who are worthy, there are probably a lot of other people who've done the same thing, and for all we know some of them could have been resurrected too.
I really don't have a problem with resurrections as long as the reasons and methods make sense in-universe.