View Single Post
Old January 6 2013, 10:33 PM   #71
Dale Sams
Captain

Re: Ron D. Moore about VOY

BillJ wrote: View Post
All I know is that when I started rooting for the Cylons to wipe out humanity, it was time to bow out. Ron Moore seems to be good at writing dysfunction, but it can't be every characters defining quality.

The concept was post-apocalyptic humanity which is fine. But he seems to forget that even in the worst of times we adjust to the new "normal" of a given situation. He should have watched MASH and re-examined DS9 before heading off to write BSG. I saw the same things in Caprica, a shit load of people that just weren't worth giving a damn about.

Voyager had its problems, but I'd rather watch it than Moore's BSG anyday of the week.
I fully admit that between the schedule, sheer hatefulness of some of the characters and depressive nature...I quit the show at least twice, but it kept drawing me back in. I literally tuned back the second time at the exact instance that ****** killed ***self. But I tuned in too late to see who i was so Im spending the next five minutes going "WHO WAS THAT!!"

Despite my love/hate relationship, I still think it was some of the finest TV ever created.
Dale Sams is offline   Reply With Quote