View Single Post
Old January 6 2013, 09:52 PM   #17
RPJOB
Commander

Re: whatever happened to these characters?

Steve Mollmann wrote: View Post
RPJOB wrote: View Post
zarkon wrote: View Post
Why would we hear from ross again after the events of Articles of the Federation?
Why wouldn't we? It's not like he was locked away inside an asteroid. He was forced to resign from Starfleet but it's not like they made a big deal about it, not wanting to draw attention to the reasons why. As long as he doesn't open his mouth about his part in the death of the president and the cover-up by everyone else, including the current president, he's probably just as free as anyone else. What are they going to do, kill him too? The man's a war hero after all.
Given that an ex-President can disappear and no one notices, who would think of Ross?
Bacco doesn't have the events of Destiny to cover her tracks this time. It's easy to say that Min Zife was a casualty of the Birg, seeing as entire planetary populations were destroyed without a trace.

And one (!) person did ask questions about Zife's disappearance. He just decided that a lie was more valuable than the truth.

"You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: 'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie, as wisdom...and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--"

Picard - The Drumhead