View Single Post
Old January 6 2013, 09:11 PM   #26
BCG
Cadet

Re: 2024 is only a decade away -- are you a gimme, or a dim?

R. Star wrote: View Post
It's the successful people who open businesses and hire dozens of people and provide jobs. Overtaxing them is just going to stifle businesses, lose jobs and you have less money. It's a novel concept, but the less you infringe upon them, the more jobs they make and the more people you have paying into the system, thus you have increased tax revenue. To say nothing of less people taking handouts.
I thought in this age the "successful people" were the ones laying people off, "trimming the fat" so they say. They are hoarding their cash, not expanding their business.
T'Girl wrote:
Minimum wage where I live is just over $1,400 a month now.
I don't know where you live but where I live there is no monthly minimum wage. Where I live the minimum wage is less than that assuming actual full-time employment.
Fast food is usually hiring, and (if you're under 26 years) the military is alway recruiting.
Neither platitude is true. Besides doesn't the Pentagon want a smaller army and are actually anticipating layoffs? In either case they only hire as much as they want, they don't hire anyone anytime unless they get desperate.
embody the spirit of service—a willingness to find meaning in something greater than themselves
But aren't you suggesting the exact opposite? Join the army to get yourself a job?
BCG is offline   Reply With Quote