View Single Post
Old January 6 2013, 08:26 PM   #508
Dale Sams
Fleet Captain

Re: Do you think Star Trek needed a reboot?

BillJ wrote: View Post
jpch wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. There's a reason people still talk about TOS nearly fifty years after its launch. The characters still resonate with people. That cannot be said about Modern Trek.
If JJ did reboot TNG era everyone would be talking about Picard Worf Riker Data etc...people in 2009 most likely have started to forget about TOS and most new Gen viewers don't even know TNG now.yes TOS is very popular we all know that.
TOS was already being remastered for HD when the 2009 film was announced. TOS is a pop-culture phenomenon. Even people who never watched it know about things from TOS.

It doesn't mean that TNG and the other series didn't have their moments. They just didn't leave the same long-term impression on the general population that the original did.
I find TNG to be the least rewatchable of the series right now. Not because it wasn't good, but the actors do very little to surprise me, a lot of the eps are just Braga Mind-*****, and there are more than a few 'hard-headed aliens of the week'.

Or maybe I've seen them too many times.
Dale Sams is offline   Reply With Quote