View Single Post
Old January 6 2013, 06:15 PM   #19
MasterArminas
Commander

Re: The Hunted (nBSG)

Thinking ahead about Marines. I have decided that Scorpia will be carrying a full Marine Company. Looking at modern USMC organization, that is a bit bigger than I thought, but I think it includes everything that should be included. Anyway, there is a difference between this organization and USMC, but this was what I was thinking about for the marine contingent in this story.

Colonial Marine Rifle Company Scorpia

Company Headquarters (2 officers, 5 enlisted): Captain (CO), Lieutenant (XO), First Sergeant (Company NCO), 2 Gunnery Sergeants (Company Quartermaster and Company Armorer), Corporal (Corpsman), Lance Corporal (Company Clerk)

Scout/Sniper Section (6 enlisted): 3 two-man scout/sniper teams (Gunnery Sergeant, Sergeant, Corporal, 3 Lance Corporal)

3 x Rifle Platoon (1 officer, 42 enlisted): Lieutenant, j.g. (CO), Gunnery Sergeant (Platoon NCO), 2 Lance Corporal (RTO operator, Corpsman) plus 3 Rifle Squad (Sergeant, 3 Corporal, 3 Lance Corporal, 6 Private)

Weapons Platoon (1 officer, 40 enlisted): Lieutenant, j.g. (CO), Gunnery Sergeant (Platoon NCO), Corporal (Forward Air Controller), 2 Lance Corporal (RTO operator, Corpsman) plus
Anti-Tank Section (9 enlisted): Sergeant (Section Leader) and 2 Assault Team (Corporal, Lance Corporal, 2 Privates, 2 man-portable AT rocket launchers)
Combat Engineer Section (9 enlisted): Sergeant (Section Leader) and 2 Combat Engineer Team (Corporal, Lance Corporal, 2 Privates)
Machine-gun Section (9 enlisted): Sergeant (Section Leader) and 2 MG Team (Corporal, Lance Corporal, 2 Privates, 2 medium MGs)
Mortar Section (9 enlisted): Sergeant (Section Leader) and 2 Mortar Team (Corporal, Lance Corporal, 2 Privates, 60mm mortar)

Total Personnel: 183 (6 officers, 177 enlisted)

Captain: 1
Lieutenant: 1
LT (jg): 4
First Sergeant: 1
Gunnery Sergeant: 7
Sergeant: 14
Corporal: 38
Lance Corporal: 47
Private: 70

Uniforms and equipment are basically as we see them, with the addition of anti-tank missiles, mortars, and machine-guns. One big change, however, is that every Marine is provided with a sealed combat uniform and helmet like those of the Viper and Raptor pilots (only in either basic black or camo). The reason? If you fight in space, you need to be able to survive decompression.

Also, the Marine company has four Landrams stored aboard Scorpia, which can be deployed in the big Mk II Shuttles. These provide transport and additional firepower when required.

Your thoughts?

MA
MasterArminas is offline   Reply With Quote