View Single Post
Old January 6 2013, 05:45 PM   #1191
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: "The Dark Knight Rises" Review and Discussion Thread (spoilers)

Gojira wrote: View Post
I have an appreciation for Nolan's Batman movies but I have to say that, for me, they are too serious. Yes, Batman is a Dark charcter but I think Nolan went too dark and serious. Even though I have been a DC comics fan all of my life, I think the Marvel Movies really set the right tone for superhero movies.

At the end of the day superhero movies need to have some fun and have some fantasy elements to them. The Nolan movies, while engaging and exciting, they lacked some fun.
I wouldn't have wanted Nolan's trilogy to be like the Marvel movies. They were fun, but there are too many of them already. It's nice to have something different. And more than that, it's nice to see a movie that takes the genre seriously. I wouldn't want everything to be popcorn entertainment.

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
The Dark Knight feels like the odd man out compared to the other films in the trilogy. It doesn't even feel like it takes place in the same city as the first.

What happened to Wayne Tower? What happened to that monorail after it got blown up? I would have liked some mention of these things in TDK.
I didn't like that Gotham City was obviously Manhattan in Rises. Nolan could have jazzed the cityscape up a little more.

Gaith wrote: View Post
Hey, look, someone dressed up as 7 of 9's mother!
Gotta love cosplay.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote