Fleet Admiral

View Starbreaker's Twitter Profile
Re: Movies Seen In 2013

8. Hitchcock ★★★★
Genre: Drama
Director: Sacha Gervasi
Actors: Anthony Hopkins, Helen Mirren, Scarlett Johansson
Tomatometer: 66%

Hitchcock centers on the relationship between director Alfred Hitchcock and his wife Alma Reville during the making of Psycho, a controversial horror film that subsequently became one of the most acclaimed and influential works in the filmmaker's career.
Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren are BRILLIANT! I was a little worried when I saw some of the mediocre reviews, but I loved the movie. I laughed out loud several times and was on the edge of my seat during the reenactment of the shower scene. If you're a fan of Psycho at all, you need to see this.

9. Zero Dark Thirty ★★★★
Genre: Thriller
Director: Kathryn Bigelow
Actors: Jessica Chastain, Jason Clarke, Joel Edgerton
Tomatometer: 94%

Billed as "the story of history's greatest manhunt for the world's most dangerous man," the film chronicles American efforts to capture or kill Osama bin Laden.
Easily the best movie of 2012. I think it's even leaps and bounds better than The Hurt Locker. There's some eerie quality about it. It's almost like you're watching a documentary. It's hard not to compare it to Act of Valor, but it makes AoV look like a complete waste of space on the planet. The movie goes home with Best Picture and Best Director easily.
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote