View Single Post
Old January 4 2013, 10:36 PM   #27
George Steinbrenner
Fleet Admiral

View George Steinbrenner's Twitter Profile
Re: Enterprise-C Bridge Layout

Mark_Nguyen wrote: View Post
As for the odd placement of the consoles, I figured two options:

1) It's just the way it was designed or configured for the last mission. There may or may not be another console on the other side of the bridge.
I thought that there was (i.e. that the counterpart to Worf's console on the Hathaway had just been removed or dismantled, leaving his as the only one left) but that's not the case. On that ship, the captain's chair and that one console are all that there is at that location. You can tell by the pedestal they're sitting on. There's no room for an equivalent console on the other side of the captain - the pedestal is built for exactly that width, for the command chair and the one console. That's it. Neither of them is at center.

Which is odd, really. Although I chalk this up to my irritating sense of order. I hate it when bridges aren't symmetrical.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
George Steinbrenner is online now   Reply With Quote