View Single Post
Old January 4 2013, 05:34 PM   #149
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: The Impossible Girl: Who IS Clara Oswin Oswald?!?

Christopher wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Yes, the story writer will do what he wants, but, I've seen nothing on screen that implies an effect on any that were off planet.
On the contrary, there's plenty of onscreen evidence that the Time War raged far beyond Gallifrey. We were told this from the very start of the new series -- "Rose" established that the Nestene Consciousness had lost its homeworld in the Time War, and "The Unquiet Dead" established that the Gelth had been rendered incorporeal by it. A "webisode" of Sarah Jane's Alien Files, an online tie-in to The Sarah Jane Adventures, reveals that the species to which Eve from "The Mad Woman in the Attic" belonged was also wiped out in the Time War. Though most non-time-sensitive species knew the war only as a myth (except for the Sontarans, who were aware of the war but barred from participating as they desired), it was devastating to time-sensitives across the universe.

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Last_Great_Time_War
None of that says a thing about Time Lords who were off planet being plucked out of time? I do agree Romana (if able) and Susan (and I'm sure many others) would've rushed home to join the fight, though

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote