View Single Post
Old January 4 2013, 07:29 AM   #12
SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Movies Seen In 2013

1. Reservoir Dogs (1992) - A
2. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (2011) - D

I think I know why this movie was nominated for Best Picture last year at the oscars. It's the overly sentimental film that the Academy really likes, and it dealt with a serious subject, a death of a father through a heavy tragedy like September 11th, 2001.

Well, I'm glad it didn't win because that would have been a travesty of epic proportions. This movie was terrible, mainly because it tried to hard to be sentimental and emotional but had a kid who was so annoying and unlikable that anything good that happens in this movie was overshadowed. I'm sure if given the right material, Thomas Horn is a great child actor, but the problem here is the character, Osker, is so unlikable and is mean to everyone he meets (especially his equally grieving mother) that I just couldn't get into it. Basically, if you want something dealing with a loss of a family member done well and adds in a mystery to boot, watch DS9's (Happy Anniversary by the way) "The Visitor." I freely admit to crying during that episode, I didn't shed a tear during this movie.

Theater: 0
Blu-Ray/DVD/TV: 2 (+1)
Itunes: 0

Last edited by SJSharksfan39; January 5 2013 at 12:34 AM.
SJSharksfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote