Thread: Atlas Shrugged
View Single Post
Old January 4 2013, 03:08 AM   #12
Rainbow Dash
Rainbow Horse Man

Send a message via ICQ to Rainbow Dash Send a message via AIM to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rainbow Dash Send a message via Yahoo to Rainbow Dash
Re: Atlas Shrugged

Locutus of Bored wrote: View Post
J. Allen wrote: View Post
It has Armin Shimmerman in it for a few minutes.
They should have had him play the character just like Quark and rattle off the Rules of Acquisition, and see if anyone could tell the difference between that and the movie's philosophy.
The only difference is that in Atlas Shrugged, Quark would be the most human, compassionate character.

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
J. Allen wrote: View Post
It has Armin Shimmerman in it for a few minutes.
Anything like his character in Bioshock?

Think "Left Behind", but for Randians.
I have never seen any of the Left Behind movies although I admit I love the books. The ones that aren't prequels, anyway.
Oh, ye gods, if you get a chance to see the Left Behind movies, do so, and then MST3K the hell out of them, because they are perfect fodder for that. Otherwise, keep a garbage can handy. The acting and storyline will get to you.

Also, the Jesus portrayed in the books is a psycho. A huge, evil psycho.
I think heaven is what you make it. When I close my eyes for the final time, I hope to wake up standing in a grassy, breezy, sunlit field, a green tennis ball at my feet, and a little black lab, with a white diamond on her chest, running right towards me.
Rainbow Dash is online now   Reply With Quote