View Single Post
Old January 3 2013, 04:55 PM   #9
Starbreaker
Fleet Admiral

Re: Movies Seen In 2013

4. Flight (2012) ★★★
Genre: Drama
Director: Robert Zemeckis
Actors: Denzel Washington, John Goodman, Bruce Greenwood, Melissa Leo, Don Cheadle
Tomatometer: 77%

In this action-packed mystery thriller, Academy Award winner, Denzel Washington stars as Whip Whitaker, a seasoned airline pilot, who miraculously crash lands his plane after a mid-air catastrophe, saving nearly every soul on board. After the crash, Whip is hailed as a hero, but as more is learned, more questions than answers arise as to who or what was really at fault and what really happened on that plane?
This is a great character study and the plane crash sequence is one of the best scenes in any movie this year. I really want to give the movie four stars, but there's just something a little off about the movie. I think it's a little bit too long and I think Tamara Tunie's character is underutilized. Highly recommended though.

5. Argo (2012) ★★★★
Genre: Drama
Director: Ben Affleck
Actors: Ben Affleck, Bryan Cranston, Alan Arkin, John Goodman, Tate Donovan, Clea Duvall, Christopher Denham, many others.
Tomatometer: 96%

Based loosely on an account published in 2007 of the "Canadian Caper", in which Tony Mendez, a CIA operative, led the rescue of six U.S. diplomats from Tehran, Iran, during the 1979 Iran hostage crisis.
Really good film that I think has a good chance of winning Best Picture. With three films under his belt now, Affleck has three films very few bad reviews. If he keeps it up, he might be the best director of the century.
Starbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote