View Single Post
Old January 2 2013, 10:05 PM   #1556
Fer
Commander

Re: So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Christopher wrote: View Post
I actually never finished the Thrawn Trilogy. I read the frst two when they originally came out, and I was so frustrated with book 2 just stopping at a random point, not having any resolution of any kind but just breaking off and leaving me to wait a year for the conclusion, that I just walked away. (I had the same reaction to the supposedly-cowritten-by-Arthur-C.-Clarke-and-Gentry-Lee-but-really-almost-entirely-by-Lee Rama sequel trilogy, though that had the added problem of being thoroughly unpleasant and depressing.)
Yeah, Rama II was so much darker than Rendezvous with Rama that I've never been able to bring myself to move on to the third book, even though I own it.

I just finished A.C. Crispin's The Han Solo Trilogy Book 3: Rebel Dawn.

To celebrate 2013 being the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who, I'm planning on reading one Doctor Who novel a month this year. January will be the First Doctor, February will be the Second Doctor, etc., etc., with a Christmas "Short Trips" anthology for December. I've just started Doctor Who: The Time Travellers by Simon Guerrier, featuring the First Doctor, Susan, Ian and Barbara.