View Single Post
Old January 2 2013, 12:45 PM   #134
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: How many reset buttons?

Yes but when fans used the phrase TNG-lite it wasn't as a compliment, it was in some ways saying if you want the real thing watch TNG, this is an inferior product.

Some of the complaints levelled at it regarding resources issues could have been avoided by a line drop i.e.

Captain's Log stardate 52101.2 We have just left Dalarian space where we were able to replenish our anti-matter supplies.

But you can't have a line like "saying we only have 39 photon torpedeos and no way to replace them" and then use more than that without saying how you got more. It's story telling 101.

It's a well known fact that Sci-Fi fans pick up on these continuity errors, now of course you have to appeal toa wider audiance who might not care about such things, but go back to my point above drop a line into an episode. Voyager is under heavy attack.

"I'm glad we were able to bring our torepdeo compliment up to full"

It has little or no impact on the episode itself.

Now of course other shows have plot holes in them as well, and VOY did have it's moments.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote