Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

Dalen Quaice wrote: View Post
From "Requiem For Methuselah"
29 minutes into the episode:
Dalen Quaice wrote: View Post
From "Plato's Stepchildren"
28 minutes into the episode:
We need the cue sheets.

It's nice that this new boxed set has given us something new to fight about.

I agree with Christopher: from interactions with Neil here and what we've seen in the many interviews about this set, it is impossible to believe that a cue was recorded for TOS, and not included. But that does not mean that the cue you are hearing would be in the set. I find it very easy to believe that the music editor(s) would graft a couple cues together to make what sounds like a new cue.

An example of what I'm thinking of is in The Omega Glory, during the sequence while Kirk and Tracy are fighting in the tent. Spock mentally hexes the girl into opening the communicator. They overdub the Amok Time Ritual Battle music with another Vulcan cue from Amok Time (Contrary Order?), to create what sounds like a new multi-melody cue. That specialized cue is not in the set (I don't think??); but it's probably just a music editor's creation, not something that was recorded that way.

I don't think Christopher is saying that you're hearing it wrong; I think he's saying that what you're hearing was likely composited by the music editors, and we have the "raw" component cues in the set. (Maybe you understood that already.) I'm sure with enough listens we can figure it out.

I don't own recordings of those two episodes. Is there a place I can watch them online? No longer at CBS, it seems. Doesn't seem to work at StarTrek.com either.
JimZipCode is offline   Reply With Quote