View Single Post
Old January 2 2013, 01:10 AM   #288
Awesome Possum
I've Rebooted Myself

View Awesome Possum's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Awesome Possum Send a message via AIM to Awesome Possum
Re: Do you think Star Trek needed a reboot?

Kevin W. wrote: View Post
A Very Jewel Christmas wrote: View Post
Is there any other franchise that has to hire historians for their own fictional universe? I know Doctor Who relies on what the writer likes and ignores what they don't like. Dropping that weight is the best thing that ever happened to Trek and frees it to go places we can't even imagine.
They could have rebooted the franchise without falling into the LCD pit Abrams has dropped it into.
What did you want them use a CRT monitor? I want the Enterprise to look like the future from now, but the future from the 1960s which we currently have better stuff than.

Although if you means lens flare, who cares? It's an absurd detail to get upset about. It's a minor stylist choice that does not add or subtract from the enjoyment of the story. Anyone who complains about that is missing the forest for the shiny trees.
These are the spectacular adventures of Space Dandy and his brave space crew. In space.
Awesome Possum is offline   Reply With Quote