View Single Post
Old January 1 2013, 08:13 PM   #132
Christopher
Writer

Re: Star Trek Federation: The First 150 Years

Hando wrote: View Post
^
Can some one point out to me where it was said that Gardner was the head honcho of Starfleet?
After all in 2151 he was only a captain, and suddenly in 4 years he is in charge, even though there are more experienced admirals already in place?
All I know is, in ENT's fourth season, after Forrest died, every time an admiral was mentioned as giving orders to NX-01, it was Gardner, with Douglas only being mentioned in TATV. The four post-series ENT novels to date consistently portray Gardner as the go-to admiral in Starfleet Command, at least an equal to Admiral Black. Admiral Douglas is only mentioned in passing in the first two novels and not at all in The Romulan War.

Is it not possible that Gardner was to Douglas as Douglas MacArthur to George Marshall during WW2?
Within the context of the First 150 Years book's version of events, sure, it's possible. But we've already established that the novelverse version of events is different.

Does nobody else have a problem with Archer's Presidency? The years appear wrong to me!
If we go by Articles and every President had a regular run then the presidencies should be 2161-2165-2169-2173-2177-2181-2185-2189-2193, so how come Archer is President from 2184-2188-2192?
Well, Barack Obama was re-elected President of the United States in November 2012, but his second term won't begin until Inauguration Day, January 20, 2013. So if the Federation has a similar gap between election and inauguration, it could be that Archer was elected in 2184 but didn't actually begin his first term until 2185.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote