View Single Post
Old January 1 2013, 07:10 PM   #14
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: Photobucket beta gripe

I'd been getting less and less pleased with Photobucket's performance already and I don't think very highly of the Beta - it's no faster than the other, it adds unnecessary steps and wrinkles, and it tends to hang up a lot more often. Also doesn't seem to get along at all well with the security software. Got switched to it 2 or 3 months ago and was completely unable to switch back without closing Opera and going to Firefox to change the setting.

Just this morning, I discovered another annoyance: if you look at any image in the Photobucket account of someone who's switched to the Beta, it automatically switches your settings to Beta with no prompt or warning. Maybe this "feature" is peculiar to the Beta's behavior in Opera, but it utterly fails to make me happy.
The motto of the Corbettite Order seems to be Ite Animose... a Latin phrase that can be translated as "go courageously." Alternatively, it can be rendered as "boldly go," which bears a striking resemblance to a phrase heard during the opening credits of a certain popular television series.
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote