View Single Post
Old January 1 2013, 06:41 PM   #947
The Warlord
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

Christopher wrote: View Post
The Warlord wrote: View Post
I'm sorry, but if you hear the cue in other episodes you'll realise it is not a hybrid, stuck-together edited cue, but an original one.
It sounds like a hybrid cue to me -- it sounds like there's a cut between the initial sting and the last four bass notes. And both parts are ones I've heard in other cues from the episode. And if they created such a composite cue, why not reuse it?

The makers of the set assured us over and over that everything was included. Given the extreme thoroughness and attention to detail that compiling this set required, I have more faith in that than I have in some random listener's subjective perceptions about what constitutes a separate cue. It doesn't seem plausible that they would've overlooked any one thing given how thorough they were with everything else. So unless Indysolo posts here with a mea culpa about forgetting that cue, then I'm not going to be convinced that it's a separately recorded one.
You have your opinion, I have mine. And no, I'm not a 'random listener'. I'm a Star Trek fan and passionate about the Original Series music; like a lot of others who bought the set, I'm very aware of the detail of each episode score. I've only been on the forum for a few weeks but you're tone doesn't impress me. Whilst I'm not intending to prolong this argument, might I ask where you've heard the (supposedly) separate halves of the cue elsewhere in the episode?
The Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote