View Single Post
Old January 1 2013, 04:55 PM   #935
Rear Admiral
Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

The Warlord wrote: View Post
Dalen Quaice wrote: View Post
Warlord --- Well the music is certainly edited. It fades out as Kirk says, "She took it" -- at least it does on the 2 episode DVD copy that I took a clip from as reference. Wouldn't shock me to know that the audio is slightly off on this disc. What version of this episode are you using?

I think it goes like this:

MCCOY: No. That incredible Vulcan physique hung on until the life-support cycle took over. His body lives. The autonomic functions continue. But there is no mind.

KIRK: That girl.

[Start the cue]

MCCOY: What girl?

KIRK: From that ship. She took it. [Cue fades] I don't know why, or where, but she must have taken it. Bones, how long can you keep him functioning?

* I relistened several times, and I think you are correct. The version of this cue as used in this scene is not on on the disc. Track 17's cue plays earlier. However, I can still hear the same motif in the ending of the cue as Kirk speaks and it fades, so I presume it is indeed from Spock's Brain -- I "think" (stressing I am only thinking, not knowing for certain) it should be on Track 18 on the Soundtrack, but is missing -- It should be "NO MIND" although it says it is on the CD, it isn't. Track 18 starts with "Tense Moment" instead.
Yep, that's it! I wonder whether it may have accidentally not been included...

and do you really care??? Are you that anal??? The melody is in pieces of other tracks.

"It's important to give it all you have while you have the chance."-Shania
cbspock is offline   Reply With Quote