View Single Post
Old December 31 2012, 01:32 PM   #2946
intrinsical
Fleet Captain

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Jax wrote: View Post
I'v dropped it now though might return to it, what do you get if you have a paid sub? do you think its worth it compared to the F2P model.
It really depends on how long you think you'll enjoy playing STO. This is the advice I give everyone who ask me this question: For STO, a monthly paid sub isn't really worth its cost. If you really want to pay, there are two good options.

1) Pay for One Month - It is just a single payment of $15 and in exchange you permanently unlock all Gold Subscriber benefits including larger bank and inventory slots, an account-wide bank shared across all your characters, more bridge officer and ship slots.

2) Pay for Lifetime - Its a huge sum of money, but very well worth it if you know STO is the game that you enjoy so much that you want to play on a regular basis for at least the next 2-3 years. In return you not only get all the Gold Subscriber benefits, you also immediately get ALL Veteran Rewards from the moment you pay Cryptic.

Btw if you choose this option, know that Cryptic routinely offer lifetime subscription at a discounted price twice a year. That's the best time to purchase your lifetime subscription.