View Single Post
Old December 31 2012, 10:00 AM   #126
BruntFCA
Commander

Re: How many reset buttons?

exodus wrote: View Post
The Overlord wrote: View Post
jpch wrote: View Post

Not a contradiction at all i am just trying to show people that they will always accept or ignore the issues of most series but when it comes to Voyager its unforgivable they criticize it very harshly while many others were as much or more inconsistent. my main issue is with those ridiculous threads to bash the show indirectly it gets annoying.
The difference is the constant use of the reset button undermined the premise in Voyager. In TNG, the Enterprise can go to a star base for repairs, Voyager can't do that, so if the ship heavily damaged in one episode, but fine in the next, it will be glaring.
Well, if you don't mind me asking(cause I never get an answer to it) Why a much smaller ship that can land can't make repairs on a planets surface vs. one the size of a city that can't enter a planets atmosphere? Wouldn't it be logical to say Voyager is landing on planets to do any repair work? Wouldn't all the resources you need be down on a planet anyway? Didn't they land on an asteroid in "YOH" to do repair work? Didn't Seven argue they shouldn't leave it yet until they were finished?

Personally I was never really bothered by the lack of damage except for a few occasions that defied reasonable suspension of disbelief like "The Killing Game" where sickbay is blown up but there's no mention of it next week. Wasn't there also an episode were the holodeck gets destroyed but actually ends with someone in the holodeck?