View Single Post
Old December 31 2012, 04:11 AM   #124
exodus
Fleet Admiral

Re: How many reset buttons?

The Overlord wrote: View Post
jpch wrote: View Post
Star Grinch wrote: View Post

You post about how much you hate people being critical of Voyager... then proceed to rip into DS9? A bit of a contradiction there I think.
Not a contradiction at all i am just trying to show people that they will always accept or ignore the issues of most series but when it comes to Voyager its unforgivable they criticize it very harshly while many others were as much or more inconsistent. my main issue is with those ridiculous threads to bash the show indirectly it gets annoying.
The difference is the constant use of the reset button undermined the premise in Voyager. In TNG, the Enterprise can go to a star base for repairs, Voyager can't do that, so if the ship heavily damaged in one episode, but fine in the next, it will be glaring.
Well, if you don't mind me asking(cause I never get an answer to it) Why a much smaller ship that can land can't make repairs on a planets surface vs. one the size of a city that can't enter a planets atmosphere? Wouldn't it be logical to say Voyager is landing on planets to do any repair work? Wouldn't all the resources you need be down on a planet anyway? Didn't they land on an asteroid in "YOH" to do repair work? Didn't Seven argue they shouldn't leave it yet until they were finished?