View Single Post
Old December 30 2012, 05:25 AM   #90
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Re: Do you think Star Trek needed a reboot?

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
DalekJim wrote: View Post
teacake wrote: View Post
I'm not exactly missing the meetings.
I honestly find meetings and hearings more entertaining than the action scenes in Trek. Hence why I'm always suspicious if somebody thinks the movie First Contact is entertaining while the show's episode The Measure of a Man is boring.
Would you believe me if I told you that I'm actually a big fan of both "Measure" and First Contact? Indeed, to my mind, "Measure of a Man" was the first really good TNG ep, just as First Contact is far and away the best of the TNG movies.

One of the great things about Trek (and TOS in particular) is that the format was big enough to allow for all kinds of different stories: courtroom dramas, murder mysteries, war stories, trippy scifi mind-benders, morality plays, love stories, even the occasional farce.
I like the TOS season one meetings best. Coffee cups on the table. People looking like they've been there awhile.
The boring one, the one with Khan, the one where Spock returns, the one with whales, the dumb one, the last one, the one with Kirk, the one with the Borg, the stupid one, the bad one, the new one, the other one with Khan.
Nerys Myk is offline   Reply With Quote