View Single Post
Old December 29 2012, 04:54 PM   #9
Putting the F-U Back in FUN!

Re: Best and worst of TV/Media 2012?

tomalak301 wrote: View Post
Best

Parks and Recreation and 30 Rock - I love Amy Poehler and Tina Fay (In fact, I'm looking forward to the Golden Globes because they both are hosting) and their respective comedies have been a blast to watch this year, especially Parks. I mean I can sit down and watch these and after the episode, feel really really happy with life. For example, there are a couple episodes of Parks this season that really shocked me how much heart it had: The Leslie/Ben Proposal, and Ron really letting Diane in.
Good call on both counts. I love those shows. 30 Rock is almost over...

I really enjoy American Horror Story.

I didn't see too many movies this year. I thought TDKR was bloated and messy. Batman is my favorite superhero, but this one just didn't do it for me. I loved The Hobbit, though.

As for music, well...I bought three albums in 2012: Octane Twisted by Porcupine Tree, A Different Kind of Truth by Van Halen, and Clockwork Angels by Rush.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States...The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge'.” - Isaac Asimov
1001001 is online now   Reply With Quote