View Single Post
Old December 28 2012, 03:53 PM   #1291
Agent Richard07
Retired

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

355. Sorority Row (✩✩½) - DVD - Some girls pull a prank and one of them ends up dead. They then decide to cover it up. Months later, someone who knows what they did starts coming after them. It's Pretty Little Liars in a two-hour movie. It was a watchable thriller but it lacked a clever ending. The girls were hot though and I got to see Briana Evigan in a starring role. She's the daughter of Greg Evigan.

356. Into the Wild (✩✩✩½) - DVD - The story of Chris McCandless, the guy who left the modern world behind to roam around in the woods. I heard about his story on Oprah a while back. Sean Penn, who produced this movie, wanted Leonardo DiCaprio but got Emile Hirsch instead. He did good and looked like the real McCandless. I was also surprised to see that this thing had a pretty substantial supporting cast that included Kristen Stewart, Vince Vaughn, Zach Galifianakis, Catherine Keener, Marcia Gay Harden and William Hurt. I don't remember seeing Galifianakis. As for the story itself, it starts slow but grabs you eventually.

357. The Christmas Heart (✩✩½) - Live TV - Another Christmas TV movie. A boy needs a heart transplant and a lot of people and the right events come together to make it happen. It was alright.

358. Arbitrage (✩✩✩½) - On Demand - Richard Gere plays a hedge fund billionaire who accidentally kills his mistress in a car accident and then tries to cover it up. This is on top of his troubles with some Madoff-style fraud that he's also trying to cover up. It's a good thriller. Some things unfolded a little too easily for the sake of expedience but the meat of the movie, which was about a rich man's power and his attempt to make his troubles go away was pretty decent. I also enjoyed seeing Laetitia Casta in an acting role for the first time. Then there's Brit Marling. This is the first time I've seen her in a mainstream role. It's good to see her realizing her goals of using her independent films to jumpstart a career in film.

Theatre: 22
DVD/Blu-ray: 139
Live TV: 142
Recorded TV: 5
On Demand: 46
Internet: 4
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote