View Single Post
Old December 27 2012, 05:35 PM   #55
tomswift2002
Fleet Captain

Re: Braga wants your ideas for Bluray extras

ChristopherPike wrote: View Post
I've given your idea/request a shout out and linked it to your above post from twitter.

Personally I thought those were frequently awful and aimed at a teen/female demographic UPN thought were going to watch Enterprise, but in the end probably didn't. Aside from maybe the first few to do with the series premiere (remember they used NASA footage and The Calling's Wherever You May Go?) which I recall spending hours trying to look at on a slow dial-up internet connection.

Never anything as memorable as "Next Time on Staaarrr Trrrrek The Next Generation" though!
Thanks, but there are some of us who never saw the original trailers, except for those thumbnail videos on Star Trek.com.

Of course Paramount did include the series trailer on the 2001 DVD of the TMPDE which is also the only pace where we sa an example of how the series might've looked had Paramont put the standard version out in 4:3.

I just thought of something else, which is more technical, but hopefully the Blu-Rays have a better 5.1/7.1 surround mix. When he DVD's came out I found that the 5.1 mix wasn't as well done as the 5.1 mix on the 40 volume TOS releases, which I found surprising. A show that was made in the 60's and designed for mono sound, sounded better in 5.1 than a show made in the 2000's with a broadcast 2.0 surround mix.
tomswift2002 is offline   Reply With Quote